Thursday 14 February 2008

transplant day

this a pic of kings collage huspital .
it was 14th october 7am and i remember saying to andy i love you as he was counting down from 10 as they were putting him asleep,he just about said it back ,,my heart sank and all of a suden i was crying i couldnt help it ,a nurse took me to the canteen and cheered me up and showed me round the hospital and told me that andy will be ok and that i would be able to see him in six hours with a new kidney and pancreas ,,then she left me ,i went to the shop and brought a magazine to get some change for the phone so i could ring the family ,,i must off rang everyone to say andy was having a transplant ,i was excited at this time ,after five hours of walking round i went and sat outside the operating room after six hours i was starting to panic ,then after 11 hours someone came out and said the operation was a success but andy had a bad reaction to something but he will be fine ,he was took to a intensive care ward and let me go in as soon as i saw him i started crying iv never seen so many tubes and machines even though they warned me and said dont be alarmed at the amount off tubes and wires ,,i was more than alarmed my heart sank again but i pulled myself together and sat down and held his hand ,they were keeping andy sadated because off bad reaction,i sat with andy for hours watching doctors coming and going and not one of them talked they said hello and that was that ,,i never felt so alone and scared,that night i sat in the corridoor but didnt realy sleep ,in the morning i went to andy and they were slowly waking him ,he woke a couple of times and saw me sat there and smilled ,,then he called me he said nicola (ex wife) looking at me then he went back to sleep ,but i let him of because then a doctor came in and said andy might not make any sense for afew hours because of all the medication he was on ,he told me that his kidney was sleeping and his pancreas was already working ,it was great news ,after a couple off days his kidney was working and andy was passing water and got better every day ,then on the 31st of october andy was home ,,i remember puting a sign up outside no trick or treat please,read tomorrow how it affected andy after the transplant ,ttfn,x(ta ta for now)

3 comments:

Rachel's Diary said...

gosh sharon I was ther then reading that.. what a lonely time for you...no chance would I have coped ..your amazing you know! blog lookin ace now .. you got it now aint u xxxxx wench!!

Sharon said...

wouldnt of done it with out you ,thanks love ,hope you ok today panic free,x

Rachel's Diary said...

college huspital lol?